NATTAWUT and Tiffany VAN SOEST claim titles at LION FIGHT 22
By Lion Fight , Sunday May 24, 2015
Lion Fight 22 took place under the stars outdoors at Sunset Station in Henderson, NV and saw TWO champions crowned. In the main event Jo Nattawut took on Salah Khalifa (originally Kem Sitsongpeenong) for the Super Welterweight Title.
AdBlock apps kill free websites...
It didn’t look like the fight would last long as Nattawut hurt Khalifa bad in the first round. However, Khalifa was able to recover and survive through 5 rounds with Nattawut. “Smokin’ Jo” was just too much for him though, and he cruised to a decisive decision win to claim the title.
In the Co-Main Event, Tiffany Van Soest returned to reclaim the title she lost to Caley Reece over a year ago. Reece has since retired, so Van Soest faced Britain’s Bernise Alldis. In the first round, Van Soest opened up a gash in Alldis’ cheek with an elbow and that gash would eventually do Alldis in, as Van Soest’s aggression ended things in fourth round per doctor’s orders.
Also on the card, Brian Del Rosario and Christine Ferea picked up their first pro wins, Anthony Castrejon edged out a split decision victory in a rematch with Jason Andrada, and Gaston Bolanos and Damien Earley put on maybe the “Fight of the Night” before an injury stopped the action.
Here are the highlights:
- Jo Nattawut def. Salah Khalifa via Unanimous Decision (50-43 50-43 50-43
- Tiffany Van Soest def. Bernise Alldis via TKO (Doctor’s Stoppage) 1:44 Rnd 4
- Anthony Castrejon def. Jason Andrada via Split Decision (48-47 48-47 47-48)
- Gaston Bolanos def. Damien Earley via TKO (Eye Injury) 3:00 Rnd 4
- Christine Ferea def. Calie Cutler via TKO 0:49 Rnd 4
- Brian Del Rosario def. Tom Morales via Unanimous Decision (50-44 50-44 50-44)