Muaythai Premier League - Blood & Steel
Pictures and fighters' reactions
Jaap Edenweg 10
2544 NL Den Haag
The Muaythai Premier League's third event "Blood & Steel" was held in The Hague (Netherlands). Artem LEVIN, Mohamed KHAMAL, Julie KITCHEN, etc. lived up to our expectations.
- Julie Kitchen (UK) defeats Sandra Bastian (CAN) via unanimous decision
Julie KITCHEN: "It was a real pleasure to fight in Den Haag under the MPL banner. Sandra is a well respected fighter and a inspiration to us who know how difficult a muaythai fighters lifestyle is as you get older, especially at this level. I found Sandra to be very strong and hard to move around in the clinch. I trained very hard and felt great in the lead up to the fight, but did not quite fire up in the ring this time so I know there is more to come from me in the following stages of the league. However, I really enjoyed the experience and I am extremely happy to get the 2 points in my group once more. I will now take a week off to enjoy family time and return to training on monday to work on being more aggressive and explosive for my next competition so expect fireworks when I return. I would also like to express my thanks to the MPL team who have dedicated a lot of time and effort to make all the fighters feel special."
- Mauro Serra (ITA) defeats Denis SCHNEIDMILLER (GER) via unanimous decision
- Artem Vakhitov (RUS) defeats Jiri Zak (CZE) via unanimous decision
- Nieky Holzken (NED) defeats Ky Hollenbeck (USA) via unanimous decision
Nieky HOLZEN: "Ky was very unpredictable with his elbows but I was sharper in the counter, I think. I gave him 2 times 8 count. I am very proud of this win and to be the first guy who stopped him."
- Valentina Shevchenko (PER) defeats Ilona Wijmans (NED) via unanimous decision
- Vladimir Moravcik (SVK) defeats Yohan Lidon (FRA) via unanimous decision
- Artem Levin (RUS) defeats Roberto Cocco (ITA) via TKO
- Filip Verlinden (BEL) defeats Chris Knowles (UK) via unanimous decision
Filip VERLINDEN: "I did not do enough and was waiting to much to KO him in the first round. So in the 2nd round I began to do more and caught him with a heavy elbow what made a big gash in his head ! I also did more than him in the 3rdround and could land a flying knee. I think i also cut him on the other side of his face with an elbow."
- Mohamed Khamal (MOR) defeats Michael Dicks (UK) via unanimous decision
- Nathan Corbett (AUS) defeats Abderaman Coulibaly (FRA) via unanimous decision
- Marco Pique (SRM) defeats Ali Gunyar (TUR) via unanimous decision