« IRON MIKE »
Michael ZAMBIDIS 76 kg
By Nabil REZGUI , Sunday January 14, 2007
- 1996 - Greece Champion
- 1997 - Balkan I.S.KA Champion
- 1998 - Europe PROFI Champion
- 2000 - World WUKA Champion
- 2002 - Italy King of the Ring Champion
- 2002 - Oceania K-1 World Max Champion
- 2003 - Italy Kings of Ring Champion
- 2004 - A-1 World Fight Cup Champion
- 2005 - Sydney King of the Ring Champion
- 2005 - Super-welterweight WKBF Champion
- 2006 - Europe Kings of the Ring Champion
On the 4th of September, at the K-1 World Max, (where the French man Farid Khider from Bagnolet’ Boxing Club did well), « Iron Mike » won against the Japanese Tatsuji thanks to his fists.
Michaël Zambidis encountered the bests. He won by points against: Buakaw, Yoshihiro and Masato. He won by KO against: Albert Krauss, John Wayne parr, Kojiro, Norifini « kid » Yamamoto... He is incontestably one of the K-1 super stars, very famous in Japan but also in Europe. « Iron Mike » is a powerful fighter endowed with a powerful right cross and an explosive left hook. Mike is made in iron! He takes his opponents’ punches, but doesn’t fall. He is also remarkable thanks to his numerous jumped knee kicks famous among the K-1 members, where his reputation has already been made. He is a permanent threat for his opponents. His fists are highly dangerous, he is dynamic and very solid on his feet, and «Iron Mike» is really surprising. In the A-1 discipline, in 2004, he succeeded in winning against the Turkish Ozkan Gurkan (our previous article) with an historical KO.